Curtains are the easiest & quickest way to transform the interior of a place. They not only dress up the windows in an artistic way but also bring many practical benefits such as privacy protection, light filtration, noise control, temperature maintenance, & reduce electricity bills. There come many styles when it comes to curtains, i.e., eyelet, pinch pleat, tab top, red pocket, grommet, & pencil pleat curtains. All of these styles vary greatly in overall look and features. Therefore one has to be very careful when buying. In this article, weâ€™ll be discussing the pros and cons of made to measure & readymade pencil pleat curtains to help you decide on what you should go for. Keep on reading to explore moreâ€¦
Ready Made Pencil Pleat Curtains
Readymade curtains bring many benefits no matter which style you go for, but at the same time, they have some drawbacks which limit their usage. Below are given the pros of readymade pencil pleat curtains.
- One of the major advantages of them is the affordability as they are produced at a large scale, which reduces the cost per panel. You are sure of the price you are going to pay for them without asking for a quote. They vary greatly in price & are often cheaper than the ones you design yourself.
- They are the easiest way to design your place, all you need is to search for a reliable store, choose the design you need, and place the order. This saves you a lot of time that you are likely to spend on selecting the fabric, design, & a store that can make you the one you are looking for. They come with a handy guide on how you can install them.
- Moreover, if you are a beginner & unaware of trendy designs, they offer you hundreds of designs that tickle your fancy. No brainstorming is required at all.
- You can return them in case you do not find them suitable for your interior, or you happen to buy the wrong size. A few sellers return the money as well, but it is very rare.
- As they are produced at a mass scale, you might have to compromise on the quality. Like the chords at the top might be of low quality & break anytime. Moreover, the heading tape can be made of cheap quality.
- Sometimes, you do not find the style or design you are looking for, which limits their use. & if you buy them online, likely, you do not get what you have ordered for. Moreover, the size may not fit your windows.
- Pencil pleat curtains require more fabric than any other type to create thick and uniform pleats & buying readymade ones put you at a greater risk of less material than what you need to create fullness.
Custom Made Pencil Pleat Curtains
- Custom made curtains refers to the ones that are designed only for yourself. They allow you to add a fantastically beautiful touch to the windows & make them stand out. There are hundreds of available fabrics from well-known brands that you can choose from according to the style of draperies you want. This allows us to personalize the designs with tassels, trims, and laces.
- Custom made draperies are made on the order where no detail is overlooked. Hemming & edging is done professionally, ensuring a seamless finishing. They also allow you to add the lining, layers, and other backing materials to protect your interior from damaging sun rays and UV radiations.
- You get what you pay for. In custom made curtains, you do not have to compromise on the quality & you get everything up to the mark. You get exactly what you have chosen.
They are expensive when compared with the ready-made ones. Moreover, they are not ready to hang & require more time in manufacturing. Furthermore, you need to visit the stylist quite often and keep on checking to make sure that they are being made according to the design you have chosen. Custom-made draperies are quite challenging when it comes to a beginner buyer.
If you are interested to buy Oxford readymade pencil pleat curtains then visit our online store of UK.