Punjab and food have been parallel for ages. The people of Punjab are known to be the real foodies, and food, on the other hand, is the main thing we always die for. People cannot live without food. Punjabi cuisine has a rich tradition of many distinct and local ways of cooking. Their local dishes are highly influenced by farming and agricultural lifestyle as well. Generally, Punjabi cuisine is famous for its butter and ghee dishes and rich meat and veggies. Punjabi cuisine is also renowned in other parts of India, the UK, Canada, Hong Kong, and other parts of the world.
5 POPULAR DISHES ARE-
1. Sarso ka Saag with Makki di Roti– The wholesome and most delicious food eaten by the Punjabi’s in winter, compared to heaven. This is made with a generous amount of white butter or ghee. It is an essential dish eaten in every household, and it also provides the body with the proper amount of nutrients needed during the winters. Not only in Punjab but other states also this is famous.
2. Amritsari Kulcha– Amritsari kulcha is a great dish and a proud member of Punjabi cuisine, and it can also be called the local variation of some famous naan. This kulcha has types such as Aloo kulcha, Paneer kulcha, Masala kulcha, etc. It is recognized for its spicy taste and crispy texture, usually eaten with chhola or chana and with a glass of heavy Lassi.
3. Tandoori Chicken– Amritsar’s most memorable and mouthwatering dishes are Tandoori chicken marinated with yogurt and tandoori masala and a good amount of butter that brings the smell. It is cooked by placing the small pieces of chicken on skewers, and it gets juicy while being cooked. Amritsar also has some great places of Tandoori chicken to try out.
4. Chhole Bhature– Want to try the biggest puri? Then what are you waiting for? One of the most popular dishes of Amritsar is Chhole Bhature, and it is made different from regular puri, which is an absolute delight. It is made with flour and milk other than the regular white flour. This dish is found in nearly every corner of Punjab. This dish is also served in Lucknow and Kolkata, and it tastes heavenly.
5. Lassi– last but not least, there comes Lassi. Punjabi cousin is incomplete without Lassi at the end of every meal. It is a common and healthy drink of Punjabi and other parts of North India. It is made with thoroughly combined yogurt and milk available in both salty and sweet tastes. To make it heavier, they add butter or cream on top. It is generally served in tall glasses.
Punjabis generally have an obsession with food. Not only in Punjab but other parts of India, there are plenty of Punjabi restaurants that make lovely and delicious Punjabi cuisine famous for its mouthwatering taste. The spicy and juicy texture is a drooling thing for which every foodie can easily fall. Moreover, the rich blend of spices and other ingredients makes it one of the most famous cuisines in India now in other countries.