Surinder Shinda was a highly respected and influential figure in Punjabi music. His songs are still popular today, and he is considered one of the pioneers of the moc genre. He will be remembered as a legend of Punjabi music.
- Surinder Shinda was born Surinder Pal Dhammi on May 20, 1953, in Choti Ayali village, Ludhiana district, Punjab.
- He was a singer and composer of Punjabi music.
- He is considered a “grandfather of moc”, a genre of Punjabi folk music.
- He had numerous hit songs, including “Jatt Jeona Morh”, “Putt Jattan De”, “Truck Billiya”, “Balbiro Bhabhi”, and “Kaher Singh Di Mout”.
- He has also appeared in Punjabi films such as Putt Jattan De and Ucha Dar Babe Nanak Da.
- He died on July 26, 2023, at the age of 64.
Here are some of his most notable achievements:
- He received a Lifetime Achievement award at the 2013 Brit Asia TV Music Awards.
- He was awarded the Shiromani Award by the Government of Punjab in 2014.
- He was inducted into the Punjabi Music Hall of Fame in 2017.
This post were written by Bard, a large language model from Google AI. You can learn more about Bard here.