Are you the adventurous types who wish to change their look? Do you like moustaches and beards and would like to sport one? Well, before you go ahead with your decision, it is important to know that grooming the beard is an important part of the deal. An unkempt and ill-maintained beard will make you look uncouth and uncivilized. If you wish to be a head-turner, you need to make yourself presentable. For a spectacular, shiny and healthy beard, you need to make efforts in grooming. Some of the popular products required for beard grooming include beard shampoo, beard balm, beard oil, grooming kit including scissors, trimmers, etc.
Tips to keep a well-groomed and maintained beard
1. Wash your beard with beard shampoo – A clean beard makes you look attractive. However, you cannot use just any product on your beard if you want it to look shiny and well-groomed. Natural beard shampoo is available that not only clean the beard effectively but also prevent excess sweat and sebum (oil) built-up, not to mention, you smell great. Use a sulphate-free shampoo that has natural ingredients.
2. Conditioning the beard is important – Just washing the beard won’t do. It is just a mean to get your facial hair clean. If you want to have a soft and shiny beard, you need to use conditioning too. There are several oils available in the market but the best beard growth oil is the one which uses natural ingredients and essential oils. Using oil helps keep the skin under the beard soft, improves follicle health and prevents itching.
3. Keep your beard trimmed – Just growing the beard is not all, you need to maintain it too. You need to be sure how long you want to keep your beard. Trimming is therefore essential for a perfectly groomed look. You need a pair of sharp scissors to fine-tune the shape of your beard’s shape. Trimmers are better used for a close crop, especially around the beard neckline; however, they can create split ends in case of long beards.
4. Use good comb for your beard hair – A well-groomed beard gives the appearance of a well-mannered man. You cannot use a normal comb for untangling your beard hair as they can be quite unruly and will pull the skin in sensitive areas. Specialized combs are available made of wood and boar’s hair which will help straighten out your beard hair to give you a wonderfully smart dressed look.
How to use beard oil for a healthy and shiny beard?
If you desire to sport a healthy and shiny beard that attracts attention, then you need to make efforts. There are several products available in the market that can be used to make your beard shiny and smooth. Natural beard oil uses ingredients that prevent itchiness and flakes while maintaining follicle health. If you wish to use beard oil to keep your beard conditioned and hydrated, here is what you should do:
● Wash your beard using a beard shampoo before you use beard oil.
● Pat dry your beard before applying beard oil, as oil and water do not miss.
● Pour a few drops of the beard (about the size of a dime) on your hands.
● Massage the beard oil on the base of your beard, where the skin is in contact.
● Slowly work your way to the tips of your beard, evenly spreading the oil over not just the underlying skin but also the beard.
● In dry climates, apply beard oil once a day and in humid climates, you can use it 2-3 times per week.