When it comes to being sassy for own good, one can’t beat Kareena Kapoor Khan. The actress is know for her making bold statement in interviews and public appearances. She have her own set of rules while working. There has been times when Kareena was replaced from some big projects because of her contemporaries but actress hold no grudges. Have a look:
1. Kaho Naa… Pyaar HaiKareena Kapoor Khan was suppose to make her Bollywood debut with Hrithik Roshan’s Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai. A reports in Deccan Chronicle, states that actress even shot for 10 days but later she chose to walk out of the film because of the creative differences with director of the film- Rakesh Roshan. In earlier reports of India Today, Kareena expressed that she she is glad she was not a part of the film as Rakesh Roshan was biased towards his son while filming.
2. DevdasKareena Kapoor Khan was the first choice of Sanjay Leela Bhansali to essay the character of Parvati (Paro) in the film but later on the role was passed to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. In an interview with Filmfare, Kareena expressed that she’ll never work with SLB, no matter what as he is a confused director and doesn’t know how to stand by the words.
“Sanjay Leela Bhansali is a confused director. He is a person who does not stand by his word. He doesn’t have any morals and principles in life. Tomorrow, even if he is the next Raj Kapoor or Guru Dutt, and my films don’t do well and if I’m a flop actress, I will still not ever work with him,” said Kareena.
3. Kal Ho Naa HoAfter watching ‘Mujhse Dosti Karoge’, Karan Johar offered Naina’s role to Kareena Kpoor in Kal Ho Naa Ho. When Kareena asked the same amount of cheque as Shah Rukh Khan was getting, Karan passed the role to Preity Zinta. Karan Johar has mentioned this episode of ugly spat with Kareena in his autobiography- An Unsuitable Boy revealing that he didn’t spoke to Kareena for a year.
4. Goliyon Ki Rasleela: Ram-LeelaAfter years of ugly spat with Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Kareena Kapoor decided to collaboarte with the director for ‘Goliyon Ki Rasleela: Ram-Leela’. But this time Kareena walked out of the film because of the date issue as she had three more big projects in her kitty. In an interview with Times of India, Kareena Kapoor said, “I had allotted 100 days for the shooting in August as per contract but Mr Bhansali wanted more days to shoot. My managers Reshma Shetty and Zahid Khan thought about it and decided it wasn’t possible as I have signed three new big films for next year.”
5. QueenKareena turned down Queen saying that she didn’t find anything ‘great’ to do in t film. Later the film was passed to Kangana Ranaut and she aced it. Queen also won National Award winning film too. Later Bebo expressed in one of the interbiew that she hold no regrets over rejecting the film.
“I feel honoured and glad to give work to other people. I hope they (actresses) become stars as I have rejected big films,” said Kareena.
Stay tuned with us for more Bollywood news and updates.